Maybe this is it....?

I think maybe I'm in the early stage of labor but i'm not sure. For the past 2 days my BH contractions have been more intense and frequent and I've been having back pain off and on(when its on its unbearable but then it just goes away as fast as it came). This morning I woke up fine but since then have been having sharp pains in my lower back that wrap into my pelvic area where I feel alot of pressure but it never last very long. I haven't been feeli9ng contractions so far ( unless maybe i'm missing them??) I'm now 39 weeks but I don't know if I've dialted or even thinned bc my OB hasn't given me a cervical exam since 24 weeks when I was having early labor pains. Does anyone thing maybe my labor is starting or is this just another discomfort?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like labor to me!! Sometimes you don't feel them in your stomach at all, but have back labor. Good luck, mama!! Call your doctor! And congrats! 

baby gift

drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 10:04 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• get your bags packed girl and call doctor your probably going to be on your way soon so good luck and congrats yaaaaay
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:08 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Your story is just like my mine. I thought nothing of the pains. I went four days with back cramps. On that Friday, I went to the doctor and he told me I dilated 1 cm. I asked how much longer and he said it varies. By two a.m. Sat. morning, I checked myself into the hospital and the nurse told me I was 6 cm!!! Anyhow, it has alot to do with your tolerance for pain. But when it is time, trust me, you will know it.
    Amayamommy

Answer by Amayamommy at 10:30 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Sounds like labor to me. I was at home for 4 days with back pain and on day 4 it went to my stomach. I was 4cm when I went to the hospital. I am surprise your Doctor hasn't check you in the last few weeks. Well good luck!!! Give us an update.
    momofangels5

Answer by momofangels5 at 1:07 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Thanks... I can't believe he hasn't checked me yet. My friend is due the day after me adn has been geting weekly exams by her doctor for 3 weeks now., I'm not having anything coming closer together than maybe every 20 minutes and its still only lasting a few seconds, but just a few minutes ago I had a sharp pain that started in my back and went into my pelvic area and brought mee to my knees. I suppose i'll wait it out and see if anything gets closer together...maybe like you guys I'm styill a few days away....
    patientlyw8ing

Answer by patientlyw8ing at 1:18 PM on Nov. 20, 2008