Preschool at a church we do not attend?

Is it ok, or normal, for a child to attend a Church preschool that the parents do not currently attend?

We currently attend a church about 45 minutes from our house that we LOVE & dont think we will stop going because we have alot of family/friends that go there as well... but I cant see myself driving that far for our dd to attend prek for a few hours 2x a week so we found a church preschool close to our home that we would love for her to attend. (They are State Licensed & the school goes through the 2nd grade if we wanted.)

MommaTasha1003

Asked by MommaTasha1003 at 5:45 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I taught preschool at a Lutheran school and only about 25% of our students were Lutheran, and only 2 of our teachers. I don't think it's a big deal, provided they hold the same basic values that you do.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:36 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I think it depends on the church. ..Personally, I don't see a problem with it. Just explain the situation to them.
    Anonymous

• My son went to a preschool at a church that we didn't attend. I don't see anything wrong with it and i am sure the church doesn't care either.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 5:48 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• My two oldest went to a preschool at a church we didn't attend. It was the only preschool in town at the time.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 6:10 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• My son went to a preschool at another church as did several of my nephews. Definitely not a big deal but realize that some activities may involve the church so be sure to ask what they do. (In my son's case, they occaisionally went to the chapel to sing songs and I assume talk about what it was, why it was there, etc. He was too young to tell me much about it and I wasn't concerned in any case.)
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 6:44 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• By the way, you migth want to ask at the school what percentage are members of the church.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 6:45 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• My son goes to preschool and we don't attend the church. The church we attend the preschool is more expensive and does not offer after school care, is a little farther away. We picked the school that worked best for our family, I think that is all that matters. As long as our family situation does not change, my daughter is going to go there also (in 2 years)
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 7:31 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Thank You ladies! :-)
    We hope to attend the church on occasion, and would go when needed for our daughter, no doubt!
    MommaTasha1003

Comment by MommaTasha1003 (original poster) at 11:14 PM on Feb. 26, 2011