What does it look like when a baby starts trying to talk?

My son keeps sticking his tongue out and it's makin me nervous.

lilmisscheerio

Asked by lilmisscheerio at 6:00 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's what babies do. They have to learn about their body. He's probably just playing with his tongue. I don't know that he's trying to talk by doing that but you never know.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:06 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• ALL babies stick out their tongues. That is normal. It's something new and fun for them. As far as trying to talk, when my kids make a noise, any noise, we call it talking. It doesn't matter if she is screaming or cooing, we consider it talking. Don't worry about the tongue, though, your baby will find other things to occupy his time.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 8:23 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• haha my babys on 2mo old and i can swear she says heyy cos my mom always says tht to her first thing. she'll be crying in her crib and i be like uh oh you better stop tht [playing voice] and shell he like heyyyyyy haha i know shes not talking but its funny<3
    Rachelxbby

Answer by Rachelxbby at 1:33 PM on Feb. 27, 2011