SOME PEOPLE SHOULD NOT BE MANAGERS,AM I RIGHT?

It was Thursday and a newer manager was in charge. She is only 18 y/o. There was four people in the grill area,(this is McDonalds I'm talkin about). 2 women 2 guys. I was on the grill cooking the meat. I was cooking regular meat,1/4 meat,and 3/4 meat,also chicken. I was going to the otherside of the grill table and cooking the fish,strips,mcchicken, also the mcnuggets. The immature manager was coming into the grill area and yelling at us!! She was in my face!!! I was trying to talk to her,she told me "I did not say I was blaming anybody"! She told me to"stay on the grill and keep cooking meat and stop going back and forth"! Then 15 minutes later she comes back into the grill area and starts yelling"U r supposed drop the food on the other side of the table"! I told her"U told me to stay right here and not to move"! Then I went on break and I come back and This guy named Nick was cooking on the grill. She comes back there again and says" Who cooked all this 1/4 meat"? "17 pieces"!! Nobody answered. Except me, I said," I just got back here from break,i had nothing to do with it". Then she says "If we have to wait for anymore food,all 4 of u r going home and I'll manage this area myself!" Then again nobody said anything! Not even me! I need advice. I cannot let her treat me or anybody like that again!! Here r my options I am considering, 1-Try to get on an earlier shift, 2-Transfer to another store. Quitting is not an option,I have all the insurance,health,dental,and vision through my job. Looking forward to your answers. Thank u all!!!!

dancer

Asked by dancer at 6:12 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Money & Work

• I used to work at McD so I usderstand what you are talking about, I say talk to your store manager about how she is treating you. Yelling in your face is not acceptable no matter what you did. GL
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 6:17 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• "I love stories like this! I give them to my fifteen year old, and remind her to do well in high school, so she can get a college education. "
    These attitudes get me. if only the world was that cut and dry.
    I myself have have 2 college degrees, am finishing up my graduate working on my doctoral thesis. for many different reasons I've flipped some burgers from time to time!

Please don't fill your daughters head with nonsense that a college education guarantees anything. Yes it is very essential to get, but don't tell her that it will mean she would never have to flip burgers.
    In my case it was a matter of job lay offs and making sure I had a paycheck while the resumes went out. I didn't want to end up in repossession like my former co workers.

In another case there was a question as to how long it would take for me to get insurance at my 'real job' so I had to take a Job at McDs for insurance! things happen!
    cont
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 11:25 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• go above her and i would trancfer
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 6:18 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I would call a meeting with the manager and an above manager. Ask for a store transfer and let them know you do not want to work with this girl again.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 6:28 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Rkolms, I know several people with college degrees who are having to work at bottom level positions at fast food and retail stores. I find it odd that you are thrilled about something like this. You could have at least offered advice.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:12 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• OP, I would do what the others have suggested and have a meeting with the head manager. A good manager knows how to properly handle his/her employees and yelling us not the way.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:15 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• cont-
    I was working at chuck e cheese at one point and a parent pointed me out (I was older than most of the workers) and made a comment like that. told her kid that if she went to college she wouldn't have to work a job like that at my age. mom asked me why it was that I didn't get a education.
    I listed my degrees and credentials and asked her 'so, how much education do you have?'
    those that heard my answer just about died from laughter and congratulated me on giving that woman a clue.
    Did I get in trouble? heck no! who in my position would have done differently?

Career advisers are telling people to think twice before getting TOO MUCH education these days. since many employers don't want someone coming a long that is qualified enough to take their jobs or be someone that they may have to pay too much.

Particularly in this economy, things can get very complicated.
    but this is one topic that will never be easy
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 11:31 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• THANK U SO MUCH ItsMe89!!!
    dancer

Comment by dancer (original poster) at 11:35 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• hugs  I would definitely talk with the store manager or even the district manager .  Good luck! 

Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 12:23 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I think you should have a meeting with the manager above you and get her too so you can discuss whats has been going on and how shes been treating other co workers .hope everything goes good for you :-)
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 1:05 PM on Feb. 27, 2011