2012

What are your thoughts on the world ending in 2012? Are you afraid that it might happen or are you just shrugging it off like Y2K? And be honest.... did you stock up before 2000 hit?!

cailynsmommy626

Asked by cailynsmommy626 at 6:14 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• My thoughts...it'll be just another day. And no i didn't "stock up" with the coming of the year 2000...just another day.

I think its sad that so many people seem to WANT to be there when the world ends. Why would anyone WANT to witness it?!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:20 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• The world will end when it ends. It is not for us to know. We couldn't handle the knowledge. I don't worry about it.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:58 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Well considering that they POSTPONED the end of the world another 50 to 100 years i believe its a bunch of BS lol :) at first i had an anxiety attack but after POSTPONING it its like seriously numbnuts! lol. and Y2k i was to young to give a dang! lol
    JordonMichelle

Answer by JordonMichelle at 6:18 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I believe the world will end when the world ends. I don't think it will happen in 2012 and no I didn't stock up for 2000 at all.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 6:19 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• 2012 isnt real. You can google it. They found out our scientists used the wrong math. Now no one knows if 2012 already passed or is 50 yrs from now.

Answer by gemgem at 6:20 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• LoriKeet...who do you know that WANTS the world to end?! HAHA. that's crazy!

***
    Hang around here a little more, and you'll see that this question gets asked regularly...there HAVE been a few MOMS who I presume are depressed, who have said they welcome it! Yeah, I know...sad!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:09 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• No to both . i am looking forward to the London Olympics in 2012 and take no notice of world-enders who have been around for centuries and always been wrong .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 6:17 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• We didn't put any stock in the Y2K mentality, simply because you could test your own computer at home and see that it functioned just fine with dates beyond 1999. As for the 2012 theory, well that I am slightly more concerned about. Honestly, I think it's the fact that so many ancient civilizations all targeted the same date. Could they have targeted other dates too, I don't know - I haven't done a lot of research on it. In the long run, if the world ends, who am I to try and stop it? If it goes on, I'll still be here. Either way, it's beyond my control and all I can do is enjoy my life for as long as I've got it.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:21 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• No to both. I didn't believe the Y2K thing, and I don't believe the 2012 thing. If it happens, though, I guess it happens. I'm not worried- I'm going to heaven! :)
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 6:22 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• No, I didn't stock up for 2000.

I do think there is a serious transformation happening on a global scale, and its been in motion for a long time. I don't think it's ending in the sense of "End Of Times", but more as in the way we are currently living is unsustainable, and as a natural consequence, we will be forced to end the way we are currently, and start a new way of living.
    HeatherRainbow

Answer by HeatherRainbow at 7:29 PM on Feb. 26, 2011