Who is to blame for these grown men who don;t want to grow up??

I see it everywhere men acting like boys who have children and don't work or want to support them all they want is their viedo games. I hear it on cafemom all the time women complaining that all their dh/so do is play video games all day they don't want to help with the children and the moms are afraid to leave the kids with him for fear they will not be prperly taken care of. I don't get that generation my dh hardly sits to watch T.V. let alone play stupid viedo games. To the women who's dh/so are like this why do you alow this? I just don't get it I am not bashing I just want to understand.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Relationships

• yea they would be growing up or going back to live with mommy and daddy sounds like they need one
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:09 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I believe there's 2 answers. The woman who allows it, and the mother who babied her son, and never made him do anything he didn't want to. My own dh was like this when we first started dating. He only did what he wanted, never what had to be done. His mother coddled him and always made sure he was happy. After we had been together for a while, I noticed this. I was raised differently. I put my foot down ( up his a**) and he realized what it meant to be a grown up. Especially after we had kids. So, I believe if someone enables this behavior, it will never get better.
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 10:15 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• First the men themselves for not letting their balls drop and still want to call themselves MEN! A man takes care of business and his family would come before himself! He probably would grow up if someone got rid of the video system, made of honey do's and flat out makes it known IF you are going to call yourself a MAN act the part. IF you want to hang on the tit time for you to pack his diaper bag and call him a cab to momma's house! Real men were like my grandfather he was old school and the "boys" of today don't have a clue! That man never had to say anything twice and never laid a hand on me! If you allow someone to take and take from you say nothing they feel entitled to keep taking like a blood sucking leech that will literally eat til they fall off of you!
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 10:23 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• my4lads This is what I think too. why are we rasing a bunch a babies who don't want to grow up? I have 4 boys and I will be damned if they think they can sit on their buts and wait for me and their father to just hand things to them they have chores that start at an early age work is a part of life and they need to learn this early on my 4 year old can pick up toys and empty the bathroom trash. I guess I am lucky my dh is very old school he works 12+ hours a day a and when he is home he works if there are things that need to be done if not he is activly doing things with the kids I could not stand being married to one of these lazy boys who play video games all day
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I think it's his mama's fault. These guys are spoiled rotten and never taught responsibility. It ruins them for their future spouse. But the woman that takes him in and let's him continue this way, she is at fault too.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 10:47 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• i blame their moms who let them get that way and their wifes/ so's for not kicking their sorry butts to the curb when they dont do half the housework and pay half the bills...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 11:47 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I wonder why so many parents are raising boys to be so lazy and selfish and spoiled I see so many men (boys) that are 25 and spending all of the time and money on X-boxs and playing WOW why do the parents alow this? Why do the wifes alow this? I also see that many parents are stilll doing this with their kids they are afraid ti disapline we are rasing a bunch a boys who will not support their families and we will have tons of moms and kids on welfare
    Anonymous

• I think it starts with mommy babying these men til they marry or get into a relatonship. Then they need to take the fall for the rest.

If we don't teach our boys to grow up independently after they leave the house then they will expect the next woman in their lives to do it for them.

Same goes for raising our girls. As well as teaching them how to love a man but not have to cater to them all the time. It should come from the heart to do for them, not be expected.

Marriage is 50-50

Anonymous

• I believe Marriage is 100%-100% I will givemy all and I expect the same in return
    Anonymous

• Here read this it's very good
    http://www.nogreaterjoy.org/articles/general-view/archive/2006/september/01/what-does-it-mean-to-be-a-man/
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 12:18 PM on Nov. 20, 2008