I need ideas on how to get my 19 month old back in her bed

well she has been sleeping with me since she was about 10 months. she sleeps in the same room as i do and her bed is in there also. im due with #2 and i wanted to start working on getting her back into her "big girl bed" before her baby sister comes. i converted her bed into a toddler bed but she dont seem interested in it much and i was thinking about making it back into a crib.. please any tips will be helpful! = ]

autumnsmommy721

Asked by autumnsmommy721 at 6:34 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It is gonna be a tough transition for her, but if it is something you are serious about then it needs to be done. Just do it, explain to her that she will be sleeping in her big girl bed and get her a new special sleeping toy. Then for about a week, you will just need to put her back to her bed 5,000 each night until she stays. Good luck, I know you can do it.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 6:36 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• There isn't but one way to do it and that is to put her in it and make sure she stays there. She will cry and try to get up, but you can make her stay put. You tell her she doesn't have to go to sleep but she does have to stay in her bed. If, after a couple of nights of doing it that way, she still tries to get up and out of her room, then go buy one of those gates that fits across her doorway. Then even if she gets up, she can't get out. She may even fall asleep in the floor a few times, but she will eventually get the idea that Mommy means business.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:53 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I'd put the toddler bed in my room next to my bed....she will crawl out and still get in bed with you, but when it wakes you up, put her back in her own bed...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 6:55 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• My daughter went throw this. You just have to do it. put her in her room. She will cry. After she see the crying will not work she will start getting use to sleeping in her own room. You got to be strong. Good luck.

HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 8:12 PM on Feb. 26, 2011