How do i steam red potatoes?

or any way to cook them and keep them moist?

Luckyme3487

Asked by Luckyme3487 at 6:35 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I do red potatoes the same way I do white potatoes. I'm not big on steaming so I boil them or roast them. No matter which way you do it just cook them until you can stick a fork in it easily.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:42 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I'm not sure, and I know this don't help this time, but green giant makes red potatoes in steamable bags now.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 6:42 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• If you want to steam them, slice them in half if they are small potatoes and in quarters if they are larger. Then just steam them until they are tender. I like to then drizzle them with some melted butter and sprinkle them with garlic salt and some parsley. Yummo!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:47 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• To be honest, I just boil them. If you make a roast, put them in with the roast and add some water and they'll take on the flavor of the meat juices.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 6:53 PM on Feb. 26, 2011