My boyfriend said my niece was like a new born, 2 years ago should i let it go?

My niece was 3 years old at the time. My niece have autism and can't talk that well. When I and my boyfriend was baby sitting. This was the first time he ever met her. That day she kept saying feet feet but we thought it was eat eat. she was drinking form a baby bottle. ( but so were half the kids at the park) she was crying because her feet was hurting her. anyways my boyfriend came out and said,
she's like a infant then i said you mean a one year old, then he said no infant a new born.
so since then, every time my niece did something, i call him and say my niece did such in such new born can't do that, i believe i brought this up over 400 times maybe more.

example: when we pass normal children who are talking and they are like 6 yrs old with bottles, i say do he have the mind of a new born, let me guess no because he talks right.

He told me sorry he is now educated on autism, and my niece do like him she talked to him after a few meet ups. I have a lot of neurological disorder and i don't know why my brain isn't letting this go.

should i let it go and can i get any tips.

Additional Details
to add my niece is five now, no bottle, and go to public school, talks and use signs.
potty train. ect. clean room and clean off plates form table

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:48 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I wouldn't care that he didn't actually know anything about autism, what an extremely rude thing to say PERIOD.  First, ALL children develop differently not just children with autism.  Second, HE was behaving like a newborn.  Yes, I say let it go but I can see why you have held onto it. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 8:55 PM on Mar. 2, 2011

• Yes, let it go.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 6:50 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• let it go..he didnt know at the time and now he says that he is better educated about it so it shows that he cares for you and your niece.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:58 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• You've been harping over this for 2 years? And he's apologized presumably a hundred times?

Grow the hell up.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:28 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Let it go, he apologized and educated himself. Forgive and forget. Good luck
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 6:57 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I think it hurt you emotionally. Are you in any way embarassed that she has autism?
    I would let it go. You need to forgive, because your the only one it's going to tear up inside. GL!
    Anonymous

• No I'm not embarrassed she have autism, because to me she act like any other little girl, and autism runs and my family so it's normal to us.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:53 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• You should probably try and let it go, it probably hurt you alot and thats why its stuck with you for so long :( has he apologized .... hope so
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 6:54 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• If he understands now than let it go!

Next time educate your friends a little better
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 6:56 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• yes he said sorry about 15 times in the last month
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:56 PM on Feb. 26, 2011