To FULL TIME SAHMs with more than one child.. is your house always clean? or always a wreck?

I have 3 girls under the age of 5.. and am 9 months pregnant.. I am a full stay at home mom. I try to keep the house as clean as I can.. but im always having trouble with dishes piling up, and laundry taking over. My brothers and sister (18yrs-26yrs) none have kids.. but they always say "what have you done all day? why dont you clean this, or clean that" i really feel like my house is not dirty though.. just toys are constantly everywhere.. constantly being picked up..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• lol im not a sahm but if your house is always clean then your a god lol kids will be kids
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 6:58 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Eh...they'll find out on their own one day. It's hard to keep a house spotless when you're trying to entertain little ones every day.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:00 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I do go to school, so I'm not always home, but even with one kid, it's really hard to keep the house clean, or at least clean enough for me to be comfortable with it.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:02 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Your kids are little! And you're 9 months pregnant!!! How dare they say a word to you about your house! They should be helping you pick up and maybe even throw in some babysitting so you can catch a nap! Sheesh!
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 7:05 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• my house is clean until the older 2 get out of school....then all hell breaks loose. I am too tired to do anything by that point! They win. sigh. I am 9 months pregnant with my 4th, but atleast 2 of mine are at school most of the day. I couldnt even imagine how you would keep yours clean!
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 8:03 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Neither. But I'll be fair all four of mine are in school most of the day. It's clean until they come home then they wreck it. DH helps clean from time to time. I clean one room per day and vaccum daily.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:38 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• My kids are a little older so yes my house is usually clean because I can't stand a mess. My kids and my husband are also very good about picking up after themselves. I couldn't keep up on everything myself.
    In the summer our house is not nearly as clean as it is in the winter because we go out a lot more.
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 7:05 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• mpeada-- thank you! I cant wait til they have kids!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:21 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• My house is clean. The older the kids get, the easier it is to keep the house clean. When they were babies and toddlers, it was so much harder to keep up and it didn't stay clean all of the time. Not to mention, when they are younger, they come with so much STUFF. I don't miss all that extra baby stuff taking up space.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:32 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I've been a SAHM for 11 years and sometimes my house has been in good order and other times it's a wreck constantly. When my older 3 were toddlers (3 of them at one time) it was impossible to keep up with everything. Now I have 5 kids (10, 9, 8, almost 5 and 7mo) and I've learned that I really don't care what other people think of my house and clean when and if I feel like it. I also have 4 kids that clean up after themselves and have chores. I'm not their maid and will NOT clean up after them. They made the messes, they can clean them up. I load the dishwasher throughout the day and turn it on at night then unload it in the morning. I do laundry when I feel like it because there will ALWAYS be more with 5 kids. My house is clean enough for me and that's all that counts.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:05 AM on Feb. 27, 2011