Scott Walker/Madison/Budget/public wages/union bargaining...and all that jazz

I am in Wisconsin, all over news here, not much other news in fact,

I was wondering what others in the nation think of all this
How it is covered , and what people think from other states

no bashing each other please

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 7:07 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm curious as well

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:10 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I support Walker.... Unions Leaders are using Union members..... It's all a game to the union leaders... Politics...
    Of the $5,800,098,094 in itemized contributions that was given to political campaigns during the 2007 and 2008 election cycle, the National Education Association was the LARGEST Contributor...... The People are being used by Union Leaders. Politicians are chicken chit for running away.... And the state, like many other states in the US? BROKE.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:57 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I support Gov. Walker. He has to do what is best for the entire state and not just the special interest group. I'm a teacher who has to contribute 6% of her salary to retirement and help pay for her insurance. I go without raises and give back salary to help keep my job and my state afloat. I don't appreciate the union in WI acting like the employees are entitled to something. Wisconsin is in my prayers.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:20 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I'm a Pennsylvania teacher, and I support Walker. I HOPE a similar bill comes to PA so I don't HAVE to be part of the teacher's union that I had no choice in whether or not i wanted to join in--dues were automatically taken BEFORE I filled out the application...I figured I might as well get a vote!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:24 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• People (with a few pro-union exceptions) support the governor, think what your congress has done is a travesty, and wonder why people who are fortunate enough to have jobs at all in this economy want to play with fire like that. (Cue the few but loud liberals that keep claiming otherwise to state the exact opposite). Not to be flip, but if you page through the P&CE section for the past week you'll find literally a dozen or more questions on this already that have been hashed to death.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:16 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I'm with Walker.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:19 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I'm in TX and while our local station doesn't have much coverage FOX keeps up with it. I'm with Walker.
    We had Obamas brand of Hope and change and now we have to change a
    lot of things to repair our country. We are dead broke and unions will have to learn they are not boss anymore.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:36 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Well i'm going to go ahead and say someone is NOT with walker.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:01 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• My concern is who Walker will turn on next. If he gets his way against the Unions, the savings will only cover part of the projected deficits. How will the rest be covered to achieve a balanced budget ? No-one seems to consider the wider issue of which this is just part .

Answer by janet116 at 9:45 PM on Feb. 26, 2011
    5012 Level 18

You live in Canada, I fail to see why you have a concern...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 2:10 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I am going to respect the OP wishes and not do any bashing but ......could you make it a little easier to do so?
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 8:41 PM on Feb. 26, 2011