Questions and Answers for Pagans

So I am putting together an online pagan monthly newsletter and we have a q and a section, and I need some questions of pagan nature. What questions would you ask our resident pagan if you were writing in? (first issue and all)

NightOwlMama

Asked by NightOwlMama at 7:11 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• How far back they've research the history, the source of their research (anything can be posted online, doesn't make all 100% true), and how the beliefs are now displayed in current/modern life compared to many years in the past??? Which countries are the belief systems tied to and practiced...

All belief systems have a path they've walked... like how the history channel did a recent piece on the Druids and the proof they actually practiced cannibalism. And ALL belief systems have not so nice aspects, such as how even those that read Christian/Hebrew bibles (think some of those same stories are even placed in Muslim, would need to re-research to make for sure)… but they married sisters, like in Egyptian days/culture. Part of any belief system is to even see, and not be effected by portions that are not painted in the most positive light, or by today’s modern standards?
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 7:23 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I think doing a review on different books, local Pagan Artist and Musicians is a good way to start
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 9:59 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• For instance, we just lost a prominent author of "When God was a Woman" Merlin Stone today, she was 80 years old. I hope to see newsletters focusing on her life as a Goddess follower back in her day to modern times.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 10:04 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• How many writers do you have on board? Any experience with publishing? What type of format are you planning to do the newsletter? How do you define your target audience? What is the vision for the newsletter? What are your avenues of distribution?

I wouldn't worry about doing a Q&A for the first edition. Everyone will know it's been faked, as in the Q&A is not coming from your current readers. I would simply put a request for questions and comments with a notice that submissions may be republished and may be edited for spelling and grammar. This is much like the letter to the editor section in local newspapers.

It would be nice to publish bios / interviews for your current line of writers in the first edition so everyone can see where they are coming from.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 8:30 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Thanks Isabella. This is a publication that is supposed to have an online subscription. We arent doing it for the love of writing or to be professional, but merely to reach out to the pagan community. We have five writers on board and are currently accepting more.
    NightOwlMama

Comment by NightOwlMama (original poster) at 11:40 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I am a Christian but I have read books on Pagan's and think you are doing a great thing. I don't have any more to offer than the other ladies already have, but I wish you good luck with this. I think as long as you believe n a higher power that's what it's all about. not what religion you are. I hope you don't mind a Christian answering. God Bless
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 1:17 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I may have to steal some of these questions for my Q&A Blogs... I can always use more questions!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:48 AM on Mar. 3, 2011