Brown discharge at 5 weeks pregnant

Hey ladies. I am 5 weeks pregnant today. When I went to the bathroom earlier I found some brown discharge on my panties and on the toilet paper. No cramping, just a very tight feeling stomach. I'm worried sick- should I be?

BillieJean0401

Asked by BillieJean0401 at 7:12 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• BUMP.
    BillieJean0401

Comment by BillieJean0401 (original poster) at 7:14 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• BUMP. PLEASE.
    BillieJean0401

Comment by BillieJean0401 (original poster) at 7:22 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I think it is normal. With my first and second pregnancys after I found out I was pregnant I had the brown discharge. It is old blood. This pregnancy I haven't had anything like that. But I think it is normal
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 7:26 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I had brownish spotting with my dd and my doc had me come in for blood work and an ultrasound. everything was fine and i didn't have any other complications. She told me that brown blood is old and it could be from my last period. Red or pink blood is fresh. Hope this helps ease your mind.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 7:28 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Spotting isn't unheard of and the fact that it's old is good. Don't be too worried because that can cause it's own issues but if your pain gets worse or the spotting turns into heavy bleeding, visit your doctor. Best of luck to you!
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 7:33 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Could be implantion bleeding, but giving you a bump as well, GL
    djh0505

Answer by djh0505 at 7:47 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I do not suspect it is implantation bleeding as I am 21 days past ovulation.
    BillieJean0401

Comment by BillieJean0401 (original poster) at 8:23 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I done a little research and I found some additional information here.

I know that it's easier said than done but try not to worry.  GL

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 8:25 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I spotted brown from week 5-7 and am 12 weeks now and still have it once in a while. I went in and had a couple of ultrasounds done and the baby was fine. My Dr. said it was from the placenta attaching and not to worry unless it was bright red and cramping! Try not to worry, it is okay!!!!
    saysmom

Answer by saysmom at 10:40 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I spotted and then bled so frequently the first time I was pregnant I was told the baby wouldn't have survived and to prepare for a miscarriage at 16 weeks. But my baby survived the lot.
    I can see why you're panicking but it doesn't not always mean the worsed, truly. Hugs!
    mauve

Answer by mauve at 3:17 PM on Feb. 27, 2011