Obama tells Gaddafi to step down

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/02/26/AR2011022603386.html

If WP isn't pristine enough for you, you'll find 18,000 other articles, that just happens to be the top of this list right now, happy googling.

So we've officially taken a side instead of keeping our nose out of their business.  What next?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 7:23 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I think NOW would be a good time for Obama to "channel his inner Reagan!!"

When Reagan ordered the bombing of Libya in 1986, he managed to keep Gaddafi quiet for over 30 years!! I guess it's time to give this guy a little "refresher" round!! :o)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:29 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• OOps...meant to say 20 years!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:30 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Think he'll do it just because Obama says so? NOT!
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 7:32 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Doesn't mean he will, unfortunately. Of course he should step down. There is no going back for the Libyans. Kaddaffi will kill them. He already is, by the thousands. They are in this life or death. I just wish he would give up already, he is as good as gone. His speeches are more and more psychotic by the days. My husband laughs his ass off every day at this man's desperate speeches. He's gone off the deep end. What really needs to happen is that his access to his billions of dollars needs to be cut off. Then he will crawl away.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 7:34 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Unfortunately in Obama's case, he needs actions to back his words, which we all know is not going to happen.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 7:54 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• What next- he will probably ask again- then maybe invite him over for a beer and ask again- and then move on to something else without any resolution- Obama is all talk in my book and it bums me out because we need action (maybe not on this-but on other things he talks about and never does)
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 8:00 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Actions might just mean WWIII-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:03 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Anything I'm going to come up with is going to be ridiculously uneducated. I'm GREAT with numbers, money, and the Constitution- stuff like that. Foreign policy baffles me- I don't understand why we have our fingers so deep in some things and not others that are so much worse.

lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:08 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I bet he is quaking in his boots.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:32 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• do what Reagan did ?? Like in Lebanon LK?? CUt and Run??

Who cares, as long as we dont send TROOPS there...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:40 PM on Feb. 26, 2011