With your 3rd prnancy how did you gain by 16 weeks?

ok so I was 138 pounds before getting pregnant this time (baby 3) and now I am already at 163 pounds when I went to the doctor Thursday so in like 4.5 months I already gain like 25 pounds. Why am I gainig so much already? I know it isn't twins or anything since He checked the heartbeat on Thursday and then the 2 times before that I had an internal aultrasound and both times he didn't say anything about twins. Then I am not eating all that much all I really eat is breakfast, lunch dinner and anywhere between 1-2 snacks in the day and I take a prenatal vitamin. So why am I gaining so much? The doctor hasn't said anything about it though.

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 7:34 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Last week I was 16 weeks! I went in for a regular OB appt and found out I actually LOST 6 more pounds. Making the total for this pregnancy 11 pounds. But... I am already over weight. My weight at my last appt was 215. If the doctor isn't concerned (mine isn't, as long as the belly gorws and baby thrives) you shouldn't be either!
    summerbear

Answer by summerbear at 8:48 PM on Feb. 26, 2011