Lactating Already?

Im only 22 weeks pregnant and Im already lactating, which I dont mind, but leaking too? Isnt it a little early???

Aqua_Jen

Asked by Aqua_Jen at 7:38 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• if you are going to breast feed you should pump and store for when the baby comes :D thats what i would do :D
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 7:39 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Nope... perfectly normal. Stock up on breast pads. I started earlier with each pregnancy.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:39 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Do not pump your breasts until the baby is here. Breast pumping can cause contractions and 22 weeks is WAY too early to have a baby.

Sorry, but that is REALLY bad advice.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:40 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I wasnt thinking of pumping, I dont want to have a baby at 22 weeks! That is way too dangerous for my liking.
    Aqua_Jen

Comment by Aqua_Jen (original poster) at 7:41 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I was referring to the first poster...I didn't think you would do that.

:D
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:42 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I'm only 20 weeks and I just posted a question/rant about this same thing last night! Between peeing myself and the boob leakage I'm about done with this pregnancy situation, and I'm only halfway there. Just know you're not alone!!
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 7:45 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• It's normal, totally. It's not milk though... it's like... pre-milk, though I can't remember what it's called. It won't be milk, and it won't REALLY come in until baby comes. In the mean time, I recommend rubbing your nipples to strengthen them! Sounds weird, but you'll thank yourself later. If the leakage is too much, try using nursing pads - you'll have to get used to those too!
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 7:47 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• AdensMama, are you thinking of colostrum? Thats what Im thinking it is. I know milk doesnt come in right away. I just dont remember leaking this early with my son... Good thing I have leftover pads though!
    Aqua_Jen

Comment by Aqua_Jen (original poster) at 7:49 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I got really frustrated when I started leaking early too, you're not alone!!
    hippomom1919

Answer by hippomom1919 at 7:50 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Normal! With my 1st it started early as well. Went through many breast pads! With my 2nd, I didn't start leaking until hours after she was born. I am currently 17 weeks and nothing yet.
    summerbear

Answer by summerbear at 8:46 PM on Feb. 26, 2011