When a man has an affair; and he claims to still love his wife,

confuseddo u think he is in love with his wife or he loves his wife ? big difference imo.

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 7:48 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• personally I think that you could have sex for just sex and no love involved. there is love, then there is lust. sometimes lustful sex is more fun than loving sex so I believe that is the reason for a man, who loves his wife, has sex with another woman. I personally have not done any of the above that I mentioned but from what I have observed this is what I think happens. Of course, I also think it is different case by case.
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 7:53 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• He can't be in love with her, but he still loves her because its so hard to turn those feelings off.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 7:52 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• it depends on the man and how he truly feels i guess. its not cut & dry like this.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:02 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I agree... he can't be IN Love with her and cheat but he can love her forever and still sleep around.
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 8:03 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I don't think he loves her, and he is definitely not IN love with her.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 8:21 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• neither. my dad cheated on my step mom and mother. he said he didn't love my step mom anymore. in my opinion if someone loves you or is in love with you they won't cheat.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 9:14 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Does he think so little of himself that he feels it is ok to have sexual relations with more then one women? What does he think of his marriage vows? Has he told his children (if they have any) about what he is doing? So much to think about when having an affair but I bet he never thought of any of this..
    Onmyown2727

Answer by Onmyown2727 at 9:21 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I also want to mention hat I still think it is wrong for a man to do this but after reading many books on men I am understanding why they may do it a little more.
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 7:57 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I think you can be IN love and be IN lust at the same time with two different people which happens a lot with cheating. I think with a lot of men and women they can become IN lust and start to think it will be better with the lust cause it's new and lots of feel good hormones involved. Then it typically bites them in the a**. As always you should never act on a whim but sooooo many people do.

Ps when this does happen and she (or he) stays with that person counseling should always be involved. It is so hard to let go of those feelings of betrayal

mommy-perks

Answer by mommy-perks at 8:16 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Yes I do believe he can love his wife and have an affair. However that doesn't mean it's right for him to violate the rules of his marriage.
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 8:20 PM on Feb. 26, 2011