How many hours of homework should a high school senior expect on the weekends?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• any were from 0 to 3 or 4 hours depending on the class
    blinkys11

Answer by blinkys11 at 7:51 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I had 7 classes a day, and I had probably about 8 hours a weekend and 10 hours a week
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 7:54 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I teach 11and 12 grade and depending on level (honors, AP...) I would agree about 8 to 10 hours. I know, that is too much, but the competition is so high these days. I try really hard not to assign a ton, teens today are way busier and stressed then we were at that same age.
    sharveyrox

Answer by sharveyrox at 8:21 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Jeez, I don't even remember and I only graduated 5 years ago! It really depends on the classes said high school senior is in - if they're in more advanced classes, probably more homework!
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 10:14 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• It depends on the classes they are taking. My daughter is a sophomore, and has a fairly heavy load (honors US history, AP biology, Honors Physics, algebra/trig, Honors British Literature, PE); she has 3-6 hours a night; 5-15 hours on the weekends. She is planning a lighter load senior year, so she can focus on college essays, and take at least one class at a local college.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:01 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Depends on whether he plans on going to college or not. The more he does now, the easier it will be then.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 12:46 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• My son is a senior this year and he has 12-14 hours of work on the weekend.
    elliecooper

Answer by elliecooper at 4:14 PM on Feb. 27, 2011