my son is 2 1/2 yrs and i put him in a single bed i thought his toddler bed was getting toosmall. hes a big tall boy and stretched alot in his sleep. he onlt wants to sleep on the couch and it can take a few hours before he falls asleep. he does nap in the afternoon and ive tried taking it away but he gets too cranky so i have to force the naps on him too pls help me im out of ideas

JacobsMama1022

Asked by JacobsMama1022 at 6:36 PM on Jul. 8, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Did this start when you moved him to the bigger bed? If so, move him back to the toddler bed. He may find the new bed too big and/or too high off the ground.

If he won't take the naps but is super grouchy without them, move his bedtime up... instead of 8pm, put him to bed at 7:30 or even 7.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• my son is the same way. he's 4 and his toddler bed was way too small. for now, his mattress, a twin sized, is on the floor. that way its not too far up and he thinks hes camping.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:01 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• no nap, go to bed at night earlier.
    SamsMom125

Answer by SamsMom125 at 2:52 AM on Jul. 9, 2008