AFB blood screen...

I did it with my other 2 pregnancies and everything came back normal. Should I do it again? Last time it was done was last year with my previous pregnancy. Or will it be a waste of lab time and my money?

summerbear

Asked by summerbear at 8:09 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I think it's really how you feel. If your other two were fine, then really your only consideration for risk is age and any lifestyle changes since then. I did it and ended up worrying the whole time until results got back. I've worked with lots of children and adults with disabilities and I feel it was a bit harder knowing exactly what I'd be in for if it did come back positive. So really, just think about if it's something you'd worry about the rest of the pregnancy, or not. I honestly don't think I'd get another screen if I become pregnant again (unless I fall into the age risk area of 35+)
    eevers

Answer by eevers at 11:32 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• All depends on how you feel and what you want.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:44 AM on Mar. 9, 2011