Cloth Diaper Question

I finally found cloth diapers near my house and got some. I have always wanted to try them for many reasons, i.e., help the environment, cheaper, you know. So, my question is, what do you do when you are out? Of course you may have to change the diaper, but what do you do with the soiled diaper? Thanks in advanced.

krissyvelazquez

Asked by krissyvelazquez at 8:13 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Some people say they use disposables when they are out, but I don't do this because I hate disposables. The last time I used one, my DS had a BM that got everywhere! It would have been horrible to have that happen away from home. Never had that issue while using cloth. They sell wet bags that are supposed to keep everything (including smells) inside of the bag, but they can be spendy and I've heard bad things about them so I suggest large ziploc bags or a grocery bag with a little baking soda to control odors tied up tightly.
    wutluviz

Answer by wutluviz at 8:32 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I always carried some grocery bags and tossed them in there.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:15 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I would suggest sturdy ziplock style bags so you can zip it, and don't have to worry about it opening in your purse or diaper bag.
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 8:16 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• We use a wet bag. Go look them up on Ebay, I got the best deals there.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 11:07 PM on Feb. 26, 2011