I am so mad at my husband. He won't leave my kitchen cupboards alone! He is constantly rearranging them according to sizes. I am the only one that cooks, why can't he leave them alone? Then after he does it, he tells me to keep them arranged and neat. He just plains drives me crazy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• You cook, he organizes. I would personally thank my SO if he organized.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:28 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Sounds like he has a touch of the obsessive compulsive disorder. Either learn to live with it or try to get him in some counseling.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:28 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• LOL Sounds a bit OCD to me. Tell him the next time he does it HE will be doing the cooking
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:29 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• That's like when the grocery store redoes their layout! You get used to things a certain way, & now have to relearn them all over again. Very annoying! I'd ask why he keeps doing that- & find him a new project if he feels the need to keep busy! If it's a passive agressive kind of thing to get on your nerves, I'm sure there's something of his you can rearrange! -lol
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:29 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Sounds like he really likes a neat kitchen! Try not to let it bug you, unless it gets out of control and branches into other aspects of your lives.
    PS--shoot me a message so I can give you my address...he can come to my house and organize for me, k? ;-)
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:30 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• well tell him if he does the dishes he can pick where things go or if he is that bored i am sure there are plunty of around the house to do things you can redirect him to.
    iluvmymomasboys

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 8:32 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• It bugs me because he feels he is only one who cares about anything. He doesn't do it to be nice, but more of I am a completely a slob. He is so full of himself it is sickening. After he cleans it then he constantly watches me, making sure I don't mess it up. He will tell me to wipe the counters off after I finish cooking, etc. Like I don't ALREADY do it. Vicesix, you don't want him over.lol He does it in a authoritary way, and looks down on you because you don't do that way.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:34 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Does he have OCD? I never do anything in the garage, but when I do go in there and I see DHs clutter it makes me batty!! I just fix it the way I want it, messing up his "system", but hubby knows my OCD and just laughs it off. If I go in there again (usually once every several months to look for something) I see the clutter again and fix it, again. I never once told hubby to keep it that way. That would be to rude. Besides, it's MY issue, not his!!
    summerbear

Answer by summerbear at 8:35 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Is he controlling in any other ares of your life?

This is starting to remind me of a movie...
    Sleeping with the Enemy Pictures, Images and Photos
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:39 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• It's not right of him to emotionally abuse you because of his OCD. I have a moderate form of OCD in my home but I don't take it out on others. Things MUST be done a certain way or I get really bad anxiety but I at least have the self awareness to recognize that I'm being over the top. It doesn't change that I need things to be done that way but I don't hold others accountable to my standards.

I thank my BF for cleaning and then when he goes away I tweak it to my needs lol. He's learned to not think twice about it. And he makes an effort too to try and do things my way just because he knows it makes such a big difference in how i feel about my surroundings.

Counseling helps... you should both go.
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 8:41 PM on Feb. 26, 2011