Any stye remedies known to work good?

I have one and its hurting bad. No big bump yet so i want to prevent that. Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you!

mercy928

Asked by mercy928 at 8:54 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Health

• Hardboil an egg, wrap in a wash cloth and massage your eye. A stye is a pimple on the eye lid and needs to pop. There is nothing else to do unless you want the doc to lance it and that is not necessary. I get stye's a lot and my eye doc/uncle told me about the egg thing. An egg holds in the heat longer than anything else. Keep the egg in a plastic bag with the washcloth when not using it. THen throw it out when you are done with it. Just microwave the egg when you need it hot again. I did this 3-4 times a day and the stye was gone in about 2 days.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:01 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Wow 2days is good. Thank you tyfry7496!
    mercy928

Comment by mercy928 (original poster) at 9:02 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I have used STYE (a small tube of eye lubricant ointment). I also used it on our 10 yr. old with succes.
    Hope you feel better :(
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 9:05 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Thank you Nynne. Any advice is much appreciated.
    mercy928

Comment by mercy928 (original poster) at 9:07 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Good tip tyfry7496...or you can just put a warm wet cloth. Hope you feel better soon mercy928.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:08 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• The egg one will work..I'm a CMA and I remember in class my teacher said the heat is best..she said to use like a slice potato and heat it up for a few seconds in the microwave.
    canibalkittykat

Answer by canibalkittykat at 9:11 PM on Feb. 26, 2011