How can I get nail poilsh out of blue jeans?

While I took a nap SO was suppose to watch the kids. I woke up to the smell of paint asked what was going on and found out the 3 y/o had found the nail polish and painted daddy's pants left in the bathroom floor. Any tips on how to get the polish out would be appreciated. I found the polish still wet threw them in the washer and they are still wet I have not dried them.

smurfyangel

Asked by smurfyangel at 9:32 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Not sure what kind of laundry detergent you've used so far, but maybe try one with Oxiclean built in to it.

Also, try soaking the stained area in a stain remover type of product, such as "Spray and Wash."

Furthermore, try washing the jeans again using a special kind of stain-fighter made for the washing machine. Tide has something, but I cannot remember exactly what it is called right now... In-wash booster maybe(?) You are supposed to use that in the wash along with your regular detergent, and it helps get out stains that otherwise wouldn't come out.

Another idea is to use a cleaner that is really made for carpets, since those are stronger. For those, you'd spray the stained area, then try to "pat" the stain out with a paper towel.

Hope these ideas help...
    RebeccaAxeRosa

Answer by RebeccaAxeRosa at 10:00 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• nail polish remover? Paint thinner?
    Most likely you're screwed

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:33 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Good question - my son broke one of my nail polishes last year... all over my nicest jeans. RED nail polish.
    Try soaking the parts that got painted in nail polish remover... and try spraying it with hairspray and rubbing it out.
    Depending on the color of nailpolish, yeah, you might be outta luck.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 9:34 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• nail polish remover? only real way but I can't guarantee it'll look any better than nail polish once it's done. I suggest you buy a new pair and tell him to pick up after himself next time and this pair can be used for play or house work.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 9:35 PM on Feb. 26, 2011