House remodeling?

Has anyone added a second story to their home? Or done major remodeling? I am wondering how difficult that would be. Not that I have the money for it..:(

SusieD250

Asked by SusieD250 at 10:27 AM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Home & Garden

• Recently added an addition to my house built in 1920 and we did most of the work ourselves and it was over eighty thousand just for addition! It is alot of work but we have enjoyed the outcome
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 10:35 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• eighty as in 80? Oh, I guess it won't ever happen then. :( Thanks for letting me know.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 10:37 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• We reroofed the house ourselves and have divided a large, useless "bonus" area into extra bedrooms. My husband has a saying:
    You can have it fast, cheap, or good. Pick any two. But only two.

Our reroof took 6 months. It doesn't rain much here so that was OK.
    The bedrooms have taken 2 years so far. One is done. The other is drywalled but not finished.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:45 PM on Nov. 20, 2008