Taking tapizol while pregnant

ok. i'm 12 weeks preg today!!and super xcited but i also have graves diease and need to keep my thyroid in check so i'm on this med called tapizol 5 mg everyother day, i've read such bad things bout it and all the problems it can cause but my dr said it was ok if i was on a low dosage, i do trust him but want to no if there is anyone else out there that took the same drug as ido.
the safe drug you can take is ptu, but i was on that for over a yr{i seen an half ass dr} who did'nt care bout me and it did me more harm than good so that is out of the question. i'm a nervious wreck bout this!! and please for all the mom's out there who are reading this and you want to say negitive things to me keep ypu comments to yourself

aliviasmom1170

Asked by aliviasmom1170 at 9:59 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Honestly IDK what to tell you...I think you should trust your dr if he says its ok. I've never been on anything for that. I have depression and take cymbalta but i wasnt diagnosed till after I had my last child and I don't plan on having another for a while. Im sorry I couldnt help but just trust the doc.
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 3:25 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Trust your Dr.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:42 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

• well yesterday i saw a high risk dr for my 2nd ultrasound im 13 weeks 5 days ans the baby is perfect its a girl!!!!!!!!!!!! and the dr said that this drug is soo safe take and every mo i have to get an ultrasound to ck on its tryoid fuction but the chances are a 3% of something going wrong so my mind is at ease and im lookin 4 a new gyno sine the 1 i was seeing put all this crazy nonsence in my head that there were gonna b genitic problems and handycaps
    aliviasmom1170

Comment by aliviasmom1170 (original poster) at 6:54 AM on Mar. 10, 2011