Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Goverment assistance programs in PA particulary! HELP

Hi guys! I am 19 years old and five months pregnant, I am currently living at home with my parents, but they are not willling to support the baby once it gets here in anyway, but thankfully will still let me live at home till I find a place of my own. The babys father is in and out of my life and useless to me as of right now, but I was wondering if any of you knew if agencies like WIC, CCIS, Medicaid, or Cash Assistance/ Medical Assistance will help me out at all once the baby is here even though I am still living at home. I have looked up information on the internet but they are all saying that they look at the familys incomce, but I dont know if I will count as my own little family once the baby is here! ANY ADVICE WOULD GREATLY HELP!!! THANKS

Answer Question

Asked by vickie12345 at 9:59 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

Level 3 (14 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • Its true that they will take your parent's income into consideration as long as you are living there
    You need to get the dad for child support
    Are you working at all? if not,you need to get a job

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:02 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

  • you will qualify for them all... r u working?

    Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:04 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

  • that's right, yes they will take ur parents income in consideration

    Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:05 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

  • well i work part time and go to school part time too...but once the baby is born in july I wont be able to work for six weeks and will have no way to pay for anything. plus i wont be able to afford daycare making minimum wage and working less than thirty hours a week!

    Comment by vickie12345 (original poster) at 10:08 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

  • Here in Wisconsin, our WIC program has nurses that can come visit you durng pregnancy and give you advice, not only on the pregnancy itself, but all the places that can assist you. My nurse comes once a month for about 20-40minutes and because of her, I've found all sorts of things I didn't think I could afford, including free dental exams (apparently your gums can get majorly infected during pregnancy) a place that rents out carseats for only about 15 bucks a year, help speeding along my foodstamps and medical assistance, and now we're talking about the different resources I can utilize AFTER pregnancy until I'm able to work again. Having that person who is "working in the system" so to speak is a GREAT help.

    Answer by eevers at 11:23 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

  • Just claim yourself and a amount you pay for rent to your parents. Then they will not include their income, you are a renter.

    Answer by genevieve55 at 2:14 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

  • I think they count your parents income since you live with them.

    Answer by sstepph at 10:41 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.