Have you ever read a pregnancy test the next day and it's different than it was the night before?

I tested last night, as soon as I saw a negative sign and the control window I tossed the test. I didn't wait the amount of time I just tossed it when I saw the minus. Today the minus is a positive. Probably just exposure to the air etc. Have you ladies read a test the next day and saw different results? I have looked before and it was always the same.

jamesonjustines

Asked by jamesonjustines at 10:32 AM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yes, I've looked the next day and the second line was there. Not because it was positive, just because it sat and the urine had soaked it. Try again first thing in the morning. Your very first trip to the potty, take the test. You are most likely to get your answer then.
    marihand

Answer by marihand at 11:35 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• The tests where you read the lines can show a false positive after awhile. It's called an evaporation line. Pretty much the urine sticks to the test line after the time suggested elapses, and it shows a very faint visible line that isn't actually a positive. Test again if you think you just didn't wait long enough.
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 10:34 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Actually I always looked and never found a positive after a negative result. I would always hope for a postive. I think you should retest and wait the recommended time.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 10:35 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• If it was just the next day I would say it means you are pregnant. One time it happened to me a second line showed up faint the next day, so I took another and it was positive. It could just mean that your hormone levels that day were just enough for the test to see it. Check again and good luck!
    lilheat23

Answer by lilheat23 at 10:39 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Yes, I've had that happen too. Better to retest just to be sure though.
    LisaZot

Answer by LisaZot at 10:51 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Thanks ladies! I will buy a couple at the dollar store later and try tomorrow AM with first pee. I know I saved some of my positive tests from some of my pregnancies to announce a new arrival on the way and I know I have also looked in the trash the next day to make sure a negative was still negative and it's never been different. It's also very dark, the up and down line making the plus sign.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 10:57 AM on Nov. 20, 2008