Pissed at Dh (vent)

I have had seizures all my life. I have went 17 months without having one. He says he's afraid for me to drive, afraid I will have one and wreck our only car. He is ok with us going out and him drinking and me driving home then. Is this not wrong on so many levels?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• Yeah, seems when it suits him, its ok. Sorry
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 10:12 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• My cousin has had seizures all her life. She had to be seizure free for 3 years to even get a license. She never made it 3 years. Do you have a license? If you do obviously the Dr and DPS or DMV think you're stable enough. If you don't have a license it's a moot point. As for the drinking and driving that is a very hot subject for me. I have lost numerous friiends over the years some were victims, others were the criminal. Refuse to go out and drink unless he agres to have a DD or Taxi home.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:17 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• just the fact that you lied when you were 16 to get your license I don't feel like you should even have it. Just let us know when you are trying to prove a point to your hubby by driving, so we can all get off the road.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 10:23 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Stop driving for him. Let him take a taxi. You go out and drive if you want to.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 10:15 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• no thats not right at all....to let you drive when its convienant for him? nope, don't think so. Best of luck....
    katieandchris01

Answer by katieandchris01 at 10:19 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Maybe he's just concerned for you. And maybe feels you're safer when he's with you. I mean drinking or not at least he would be with just in case it does happen.
    Julia0331

Answer by Julia0331 at 10:15 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I do have my license. I lied when I turned 16 in order to get them. I decided not to drive though. I could always feel them coming on, but just couldn't take the chance in hurting someone else. I have kept my license up to date all these years.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:20 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• If you were concerned about hurting someone when you were 16 and yet not worried about hurting someone now?
    Julia0331

Answer by Julia0331 at 10:27 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• And BTW, the DMV asks you that question for your safety as well as others. Personally I think it's a little childish that you would lie about it!
    Julia0331

Answer by Julia0331 at 10:30 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Usually the DMV only restricts you if you have had a seizure in the past 6 months. I would see what your doctor has to say about it. Let him be the tie-breaker between you and DH. Your doctor would have the most informed opinion. I would talk about it with DH and both of you should be willing to abide by whatever the doctor thinks is best.
    momofkids

Answer by momofkids at 9:18 AM on Feb. 27, 2011