Bleeding - 5 weeks - I called Dr. - UPDATED

UPDATE #2 - Dr called me back and said that it sounds like not much bleeding, kinda normal for where I am,  but is moving my appt up two weeks so I can see her Monday just to figure things out.  Thanks for your kind thoughts everyone.

UPDATE- I called the doctor's answering service and am waiting for call back.  any helpful thoughts would be appreciated.

I am so scared. Please give me your thoughts.

I am approx. 5 weeks pregnant. I have a new doctor set up for my first appt on 3/11. I will be a new patient though.

Today I was fairly active but careful not to overdo it. Just now I went to the bathroom and found that there was a small amount of blood in my panties. It was not enough to soak through. It was not brown, but not bright red. I have some pain/cramps but nothing major... less painful than average period cramps.

Should I call the new doctor's line even though she's never seen me?
Should I go to the emergency room?

Thanks

angelmommy11

Asked by angelmommy11 at 10:17 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I'd definately call the DR. and if he doesn't want to see you maybe he'll tell you what to do or at least ease your mind. Hope all turns out OK.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 10:30 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I would deffinately either call the dr, or go to the emergency room....not to alarm you, but you could possibly be having a miscarraige. But just to make sure, I'd be sure to go get checked out. Usually there is an after hours number to call for the dr. try that first.....hope everything turns out fine....
    katieandchris01

Answer by katieandchris01 at 10:21 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I would call your Doctor & leave a message with the service. Then call again in the morning & go in. They can check if everything is alright by doing an internal ultrasound. Unless you are profusely bleeding, I mean soaking multiple maxipads within an hour, just relax & go to your OBGYN tomorrow. It could be nothing serious or a miscarriage. I have had that twice and one was OK & one was a mis. GL.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:34 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• The doctor called me back, even though I'm not technically her patient yet... such a relief, she and her staff have been so nice and responsive the last two weeks.

She thinks I am probably OK but we will do my first appt on Monday instead of waiting til the planned appt on 3/11

Thanks everyone.
    angelmommy11

Comment by angelmommy11 (original poster) at 10:47 PM on Feb. 26, 2011