Why is it so easy to tell someone to walk away rather than to stay?

Yes, I have drama. The sane thing MIGHT be to walk away, but it happened ONCE and we caught it...and I have hope. Things could be worked out. IF he's willing to put in the effort and meet halfway...it's a struggle. Things take time...time is...long and nothing happens overnight...yet here on CM...or rather anywhere...people just say to walk away from the problem. I'm just trying to understand why it gets pushed at a person...to just move on, walk away. I really don't think I've heard someone just outright say...TRY.

Not really talking about my drama...just needed an example. Why would you think its easier to tell someone to walk away than to stick it out and try if whatever it was....happened ONCE?

Imortlmommy

Asked by Imortlmommy at 10:24 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• Unless there is cheating or abuse I think people should work it out!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 10:27 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• well I suppose its because somethings are hard to get over, but anything worth fixing can usually be worked through. Hopefully whatever it would be wouldn't cause a trust issue, because if so, thats hard to get past
    katieandchris01

Answer by katieandchris01 at 10:27 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• It seems to me that walking away is a common occurrence. Personally, I'd rather work through my dramas when they happen because I love my DH enough to do so, and I know he feels the same.
    The only time I think walking away might be the choice to consider when women seek advice for their dramas is when the DH/SO is grossly disrespectful, abusive, or anything else that not only breaks her down inch by inch, but involves the innocent children witnessing it every day.
    So something happened once? Damn. Last I knew people made mistakes, right?
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 10:30 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• many post are not just it happened once it happens over and over and I see many post with replies saying talk to him, seek counseling, try to work through it,etc

Its always best if possible to work through it but many stay and they have the smae i ssues over and over and sheis misserable...sometimes IT IS better to leave...all in all they decide not us....
    Anonymous

• It depends on what it is.. It is a perfect example of our 'disposable society" . Just throw it away, you can get a new one. It permeates everything from paper plates to marriages. As for as advice. I have often advised people to communicate, seek a third parties help, and attempt to make it work.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:30 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• You try till you have tried everything that you can...if they are not ready to admit faults and/or problems how can you work on imporving your relationship?
    Onmyown2727

Answer by Onmyown2727 at 10:40 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Why, because it's easier. I try to take everything on this site pretty lightly since you are only hearing one side of the story and it's probably edited in a biased way.

In my personal life, I give the benefit of the doubt. we are all human and can make mistakes. What matters is if you and they are able to learn from those mistakes and not repeat them.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:47 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• because u r not in that person shoes...
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 12:11 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I agree with you 100% you need to give it a TRY before you just up and walk away its not that easy especially if this is the first time this has happened and you have talked about it NOW on the other hand after trying and trying a 3rd time its time to leave....but if GOD forgives us then why can't we forgive as well...
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 3:37 PM on Feb. 27, 2011