I have a question about claritin, and any advice you have would be great. i recently started taking it and I am supposed to take it everyday all year. I didn't know if you could tell me if it has any long term side effects or if you also take it all year? thank you

jnthn949

Asked by jnthn949 at 10:36 AM on Nov. 20, 2008 in General Parenting

• I have been taking Claritin everyday for several years. I was on it, then we switched to Zyrtec, then back to claritin. I actually have better relif with Zyrtec BUT it makes me sleepy and insurance quit paying for it. My grandson and one son are also on Claritin. There have been no issues whatsoever. If we didn't take our allergy meds everyday we would be miserable all the time.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:33 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• My son has been taking claritin for about 2 years now and have never had side effects. It has saved alot of trouble. Insurance doesnt pay for it so I pay for it myself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I take it everyday...no side effects for me. I've been taking it for several yrs now.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:55 AM on Nov. 20, 2008