How Long do your kids sleep at Night and what time do u put them Down and How?

My oldest goes to bed at 7:30pm and wakes up every morning around 7:15am to 7:30am and plays in his room until i let him out. Every day his daily bed time routine is his peidasure drink at 6:30pm, after pediasure he then gets jammies one accept on Wednedays or Sunday he then gets his bath after but every other days he gets his jammies on. We then go brush his teeth and by 7:15 i tell him to kiss daddy good night. My son and I go in his room talk about his day and then tell him what to expect of him when i turn lights out (which is No talking, he used to talk and wouldn't go to sleep till 9pm or later, but now i tell him to be quite he actually goes to sleep) Then i turn off his lights and say good night and close his door. He gets 1 nap a day a for an hr which is at 2:30 he falls asleep around 3pm so i then wake him up at 4pm.
My youngest son goes to bed at 8:30pm. His routine is at 8pm he drinks a 6 or 7oz bottle, after that he then has his solids. I then have daddy give him a hug and kiss by 8:25pm and i then put him on his changing table rub night time lotion on him, put his jammies on a place him in his crib turn his music box on and he then close his door. He wakes up usually around 7:15 or 7:30am. He gets 3 naps a day one is at 9am until 11am, the again at 1:3opm to 4pm and again at 6 to 6:3opm

2boysyahoo.com

Asked by 2boysyahoo.com at 10:34 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• wow! Well your children are deffinately getting their sleep! You can always talk to their pediatrician to find out the recommended hours of sleep according to their age. But my son is 8 and is in 2nd grade...he is in bed at 8:15 and gets up at 6:40 am to get ready for school. This works well for us, and I'm sure its according to whatever works for you...
    katieandchris01

Answer by katieandchris01 at 10:38 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• My 2 year old usually sleeps about 9 hours. His bedtime is 730 but hes usually not asleep until around 10! Weekdays we're up at 7am.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 10:39 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• well on weekdays they have to be up at least by 7am so i can get to work on time. they go to bed at 8, on weekends sometimes they get up at 7 cuz they're used to it, sometimes they sleep in. sometimes on friday night i'll let them stay up till 830 or 9, they're 2 and 3 btw. as for how they go to bed...i tell them it's time to get ready for bed, give baths if it's bath night (or needed if it's not bath night) put on jammies, say prayers and go to bed. dh helps me get them ready if he's home, if he's not home he'll give them kisses before he leaves or if they're awake, he goes in there after he gets back and gives hugs and kisses.

for naps, at preschool they take a 12:40-3:00 nap, at home it's 1230-4.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:41 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• oh yeah, they sleep through the night, with the exception of if they're really sick. there have been those times they woke up feverish and/or getting sick in the middle of the nights. poor babies. i hate it when they're sick....
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:43 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Wyatt (18 months) goes to bed between 630-730. He wakes once or twice if he loses his paci (we're taking it away monday) but goes right back to sleep. He wakes between 7-8 in the morning.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 10:52 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• oh and we just tell him its time to go night night, and lay him down. he sometimes fusses for about 3 minutes then he's out.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

• My 3 year old is asleep by 9. We start getting ready for bed at 7:30. She takes a bath, puts on pajamas, brushes teeth, and then I comb her hair. Then we get her water bottle for bed and she gets to watch one episode of Max and Ruby while laying in bed. Then it's lights out, and she's asleep within 10 minutes or so. She gets up around 9.

My 4 month old goes to sleep around 10 and sleeps until about 9 as well.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:54 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• My 2 1/2 yo goes down between 7 and 8. We do a bath every other night and by 630 she is out, jammies, medicine, vitamin, brush teeth, we tell Daddy good night, she then hears what we expect of her when we put her down (no talking, no playing, no standing or sitting), kiss and hug good night and her radio is on all night.

Nap or rest time from 1-4
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:11 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• She is up between 8 and 9 in the morning.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:13 PM on Feb. 26, 2011