Did your children do a 180 with their behavior before new baby arrived?

I have two girls, one 5 year old, one 21 month old. These last couple days have been very hard for us as they've both been acting out horribly (especially in public). My daughter's are usually pretty good kids, they have their moments but NOTHING like how they've been the last couple days (running off in stores, tantrums like you wouldn't believe, fighting, throwing stuff, refusing to listen). Hubby said it might be because of the baby, so I was wondering if any other moms out there experienced anything like this with their children before the arrival of a new baby. I am really hoping this is a short phase, I want my good girls back!

Nanixh

Asked by Nanixh at 10:40 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• LOL my son was sooooo opposite when I was preg with my daughter! He wanted to help me out so much and he was only 2. When she came he said it was his Bebe! But now he will sit on her and pound on her chest and just be so mean to her! It will pass just talk to them and tell them, well mainly the 5 year old, that you are going to need her help when the baby comes and that she needs to be on her best behavior so the younger one will follow her footsteps.
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 3:30 PM on Feb. 27, 2011