Can it get infected that quickly? adult content

I got a tooth extracted on Thursday, I have done everything they said to do in terms of caring for it, it still hurts though and the thing that worries me most is the fact that when I looked at it today it looked like there was green stuff in the hole...and no I hadn't eaten anything yet so that wasn't it...I think it's pus, like it's infected, but I'm not sure....could it be infected and showing signs already?

KnitWit0686

Asked by KnitWit0686 at 10:41 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Health

• It could be and it could also be part of the natural healing process. Did they pack it? It could be the packing material.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:42 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• @Jademom07 they didn't pack it, they put some gauze in it, but it isn't gauze I can tell that for sure.
    KnitWit0686

Comment by KnitWit0686 (original poster) at 10:44 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I got a tooth out a week ago, and still have some tenderness. the third day is supposedly the worst.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 10:49 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• About a year ago I had a tooth pulled, whenever I went to look at it, it looked like there was something in it....for me their was, but I knew I didnt want to mess with it. if you have concerns, call your dentist. There's usually an after hours number to call if you have an questions. You can also just rinse your mouth with warm salt water, as salt is a natural healer.....good luck!
    katieandchris01

Answer by katieandchris01 at 10:50 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Yes it could be infected that quickly, however jademom may be right it could be the healing process
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 10:50 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• @katieandchris01 I have been doing the warm salt water thing 4x a day, like they told me to. I do it after I eat and when I first wake up in the morning...and if I eat anything other than my normal meals, I do it again, lol
    KnitWit0686

Comment by KnitWit0686 (original poster) at 11:14 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• it could be infected. I would call my dentist just to be sure although it could be just apart of the healing process.
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 2:30 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I would call your dentist, yes they can become infected that fast. It can also be packing or a dry socket; dentist wasn't sure why but I've had a few dry sockets and they also turned greenish. Did he give you antibiotics before or after?
    Hope4Teal

Answer by Hope4Teal at 3:07 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• @Hope4Teal, no they didn't give me any antibiotics...the tooth wasn't pulled because of pain or anything like that, it was puled because it was breaking because another tooth was pushing against it.
    KnitWit0686

Comment by KnitWit0686 (original poster) at 1:53 PM on Mar. 1, 2011