Anyone else not have even ONE friend?

I am 26 years old, mom of two kids, and my husband and I have moved around alot and have no friends--either one of us. We stay inside(live around all old people ) and rely on each other to keep company. My Dh goes to college weekdays and works all weekend even nightS. I am going crazy here! We live in a tiny town where everyone already has there groups. I dont know what to do...is this normal and what can i do to change it? I want to go to church but do not want to go alone(Dh works during that time)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• i totally understand. im in the same boat as you are. we live in a tiny town full of old people and everyone is in their own little click. its so hard to get to know anyone. neither me nor dh have any friends and with two kids we are driving ourselves nuts.
    because of this we will be moving in the fall to somewhere not far from here but has more of a community with more young families and activities to do to get to know other people. btw i am not working right now and my dh is a disabled veteran so we are both at home with the kiddos after a while we diffenantly need a break but with us unable to make friends around here its almost impossible to get a sitter to go out together. i feel your pain.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 10:50 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• How old are your kids? When our kids were young we went to kid friendly places, pre-school moms etc. You'll make friends through your kids. Church is a great place to start. Go and introduce yourself to the pastor on a day that their is no service and you'll have a friend the first day you attend church. Before you know it, you'll be very busy with all sorts of friends. :)
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 10:51 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I have just two which is sad because I have lived in the same area for years....my SO and I have issues so he is not even remotely close to companionship for me:(
    Anonymous

• i agree with kathy..church is a great place to meet other moms. give it a try for a while.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 10:54 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I would love to go to church but I am scared to go alone with a 3 year old and 5 month old. I am trying to get Dh to quit school and get a weekday job because this is just too much. We are both really nice people and would love to have friends and get out of the house. I even think we are both in a little depression because we feel helpless.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:58 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Have you tried meetup.com?
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 11:01 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• def try church it'll be a start, i feel that i have grown pretty distant from my friends too as life changes. maybe a work out class or something good luck small towns are hard but can def be done!
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 3:01 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Ha we're pretty segregated too. You're not alone. Where do you live?
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:04 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• If you're in South Central PA, send me a pm.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:05 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Oklahoma
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:51 AM on Feb. 28, 2011