Im 6 weeks pregnant with possibly the worst migrain ever

It hurts all the time.
It hurts worse when i sit up straight with my neck straight.. so i have to sit like a turtle.
It hurts worse when i look to the left..
It hurts worse when i look up
It hurts worse when i look down
And it hurts worse when i look to the right.
I have NEVER had a headache like this before.
I cant even cry.. because its hurts to bad.
Its shooting pain down my neck.. and back.
PLEASE TELL ME WHAT I CAN TAKE!!!!
Im 6 weeks pregnant with number two... and i just want to feel better :(

mommyofAurora

Asked by mommyofAurora at 10:41 AM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• you not alone, i had that too! :(
    my doc said i can only take tylenol, sometime it took the edge off but there were times it didn't help... Good luck
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 10:46 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Thanks so much
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 10:49 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I too had that happen, and I was a migrain sufferer for years. Along with the tylenol I found icing my head and neck helped. I have an aeromatherapy neck wrap and a rectrangle one I lay across my forehead. Because lots of times when you get a headache your blood vessels and things are swollen and throbbing so the cold compresses constrict it and relax the blood vessels. You can just put some ice cubes in a zip lock back and wrap it with a dish towel for quick relief if you don't have any of these aeromatherapy pillows.....you can get them at health food stores, maybe even CVS and Walmart now a days possibly. Keep them in the freezer all the time in zip lock bags to store the scent and keep them clean.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 11:02 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• i get migraines all the time so what i do since im pregnan to is take tylenole and then take a nice warm shower to try and relax and then lay down and take a nap in the dark. sometimes it helps other times it doesnt. sorry to hear your not feeling well. try a ice pack that might help
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 11:08 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• If that were me I'd be in the ER. They can give you better medication to ease the pain. And given the fact that you said you never had a headache like this would make me urge you to go to the ER faster. I had one headache like that, worst ever! Light sensitivity, stiff neck, vice grip like pain, etc and my BP was 161/101. Take the recommended dose of Tylenol and if the pain isn't better in a couple hrs then go to the ER or call your doc.
    AudreyJ

Answer by AudreyJ at 11:41 AM on Nov. 20, 2008