Taking the Paci

My son is 18 months, and its time to take the paci. We were almost done with it, but then he started teething and got sick, so I felt bad and we gave it back to him. That was 2 months ago.

I am concerned about how to go about taking it. He's very attached to it, and he will be okay during the day so long as he's distracted. What do I do at naps/nightime?

Thanks!

ArmyWifeAshlie

Asked by ArmyWifeAshlie at 10:58 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• Honestly, just take it away and get all of them out of the house. It may be a tough couple of nights but it will go away.

Since it's only needed at nap and bedtime, maybe make small changes to your routine? Read a book instead, rock for a bit...
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:00 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• that might work. Thanks! I am gathering them all tomorrow, and keeping one for tomorrow night since DH has to be at work at 5. but monday its game on!
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Comment by ArmyWifeAshlie (original poster) at 11:02 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I got a whole bunch of balloons and we went and collected every paci we could find, tied the to the balloons, went to the park, and let them go. We told our DD that they need to go in the sky now, and other babies need them. Whenever she asked for a paci I always reminded her that they went up in the sky. She did surprisingly well. She only asked for about two days and then she was fine, but still mentions how the balloons took the binkys up in the sky.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 11:06 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Thats a cute idea Leksismommy! How old was she? Wyatt wouldnt grasp that yet.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Comment by ArmyWifeAshlie (original poster) at 11:07 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Lol when my mom wanted to wean me from the paci she simply tied it to the bed and said I could only have it while in my bed. Eventually I got tired of going to my bed everytime I wanted it and weaned myself.
    CalebsMommy0220

Answer by CalebsMommy0220 at 1:58 AM on Feb. 27, 2011