What kind of milk should I give my 1 year old?

ibelayni

Asked by ibelayni at 11:06 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• As long as there is no milk allergy, start with whole milk. We started with that but she had a hard time with her bowels so we switched to 2% and she did just fine.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:08 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I've given my DS Almond Milk since he was a year old he's now 2 and a half.
    lovelyheaven271

Answer by lovelyheaven271 at 11:22 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Mommy milk or water.

Cow milk is for baby cows, and humans don't need it. Like many other nutrients, and despite the claims of the dairy industry, plant based calcium is superior to animal based. While cow mild is rich in protein, the kind of protein that is contains is casein, while human milk protein is lactalbumin, with is easily digestible; more the 50% of casein isn’t digested and can cause health problems later in life, like food allergies. Here is some of what the doctors at the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine say: http://www.pcrm.org/health/prevmed/building_bones.html

Answer by rkoloms at 7:44 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• interesting point pp
    san78

Answer by san78 at 1:30 PM on Feb. 27, 2011