Strep throat while pregnant

I'm 33 wks pregnant, and have had strep throat for about a week. I'm about to go to the Dr. Does anyone know if they will give me antibiotics? Or do I just have to suffer bc I'm prego?

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 10:44 AM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Well, what they did, in case anyone's curious is give me Claritin D for congestion and a "C-Pack" antibiotics for my throat. It's some kind of broad spectrum antibiotic that's supposed to cover lots of stuff....
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 7:43 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• They might have to give you something else for that strep...i didnt get to take antibiotics when i had it because Antibiotics dont work for me =[ only make it worse

So they might give you special sprays and cough drops for ur throat

sorry u have strep..i know how uncomfy that is =[
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 10:56 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• They'll give you antibiotics because if left untreated it can become a much worse infection. I had it while pregnant and was given amoxicillin. I was even given a couple Tylenol 3's to help with the pain. Get to the doc now and start the treatment and make sure you finish it!!!
    AudreyJ

Answer by AudreyJ at 11:36 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• i had it too

i took the antibiotics. it sucks
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 12:23 PM on Nov. 20, 2008