How do I get my 1 year old to stop biting?

She only bites me and her dad and I know she's teething but she prefers us to a teether...

ibelayni

Asked by ibelayni at 11:09 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I just moved and said it hurts, dont bite!
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 11:15 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Just yelp, make a sad face, pretend cry, whatever, and say "no! that hurts mommy/daddy!". Whatever you do, DON'T bite her back, and don't pat her mouth or draw attention to her mouth. Make the attention on the bite, not the mouth. Give her lots of alternatives: toys or teethers that have various different textures and consistencies. She might find one she likes. Good luck! Enjoy your little sweetie-pie!
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 11:16 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• i agree with judimary. you gotta scare them thn make them feel bad. it sounds harsh but it works
    lashes325

Answer by lashes325 at 11:46 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I agree with judimary too... My son was a bitter not from teething, he learned it at daycare but whats best for them would be a popsicle ya its still cold outside but it makes their poor mouth feel better. the posicle you have to get the otterpops or w/e they sell by you the ones in the plastic tube
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 2:29 PM on Feb. 27, 2011