I had an ultrasound done 3 times, and twice they said girl, and the third time at 23 wks they said boy...could it be the umbilical cord between the legs?

but this one below is the one where they thought it was a girl, at 18 weeks

Any ideas? I am thinking that the one where they thought it was a girl, the genitals look like protrude too much to be a vagina...I could be wrong? Im so confused. My shower is in april, and i am due in June, and I really DONT want this to be a surprise!

beginermomy21

Asked by beginermomy21 at 11:18 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would go with the latest one since 23 weeks should be pretty accurate.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:20 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I dont see the 2nd one but the 1st one sure looks like a boy.. But if your not sure by the time of the shower just make it nurture
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 11:21 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• There is, unfortunately no way to know 100%. I have a friend who had 3 ultrasounds done, and she is in the medical profession. All three said girl, they decorated in pink, had everything girlie....and SURPRISE! They had a happy, healthy baby boy.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 11:21 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• If they see a penis/testicles, they can usually pretty reliably say it's a boy. If they say "girl" it's because they didn't see the external genitals, and that could be that they were there they just didn't see them. So I'd say with quite a lot of confidence, you're having a lil boy. Congratulations!!
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 11:22 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• does it show here? this is the first one

beginermomy21

Comment by beginermomy21 (original poster) at 11:25 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• yes i see it now and It kinda looks like a boy.. But like another poster wrote you will never know till the baby gets here bc i know someone that was told she was having a boy and it came out a girl
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 11:33 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I can't tell by looking at the pics but I was told I was having a girl on more than one ultra sound and was so excited! PINK everywhere and my little Stephanie turned into a Steven, lol What a surprise! I say stick to yellow until you're sure.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:34 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Your baby BOY is adorable!!!
    Good job momma
    BigMomm4

Answer by BigMomm4 at 11:34 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I would be buying a lot of yellow and green, mama, because it really could go either way. The top one could be the cord, I'd have to see it live to be able to tell for sure. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:18 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Haha, that is the problem, i HATE yellows and green. I have a clip of when they checked the gender. its super short, like 10 seconds long, but if anyone wants to email me their email address I can send it to them for judgement.

My email address is powers.kayla21@gmail.com

beginermomy21

Comment by beginermomy21 (original poster) at 1:37 AM on Feb. 27, 2011