Do you wash your babies cloth diapers or do you have a service?

krissyvelazquez

Asked by krissyvelazquez at 11:40 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had a service when my first baby was little, for the first 6 months or so, but then I just started washing them myself, which I still do with my baby number 6 who is still in diapers. The problem with a service is that they only pick them up like once or twice a week, so you've got disgusting stinky diapers hanging around for days. You think a stinky diaper is bad when it's fresh, but give it a few days and MAN, it gets ripe fast!! Really disgusting. So if you're already rinsing and soaking the dirty ones, you might as well just wash them yourself.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 11:47 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I have 5 kids and I have never used cloth diapers..I don't have the patience..I think anyone who can use cloth diapers is great.! My hat is off to you because I could never do it. *Hugs*
    hoping73

Answer by hoping73 at 12:12 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I wash them myself. I don't rinse or soak them. I just put them in a diaper pail with a locking lid and sprinkle baking soda on them which contains the odor very well until we wash them (every other day). I wash them and my cloth wipes together but separate from everything else. I use the same detergent we use on everything. Just a mild detergent with no additives like tide free. I have had no staining either even though we don't soak them or bleach them. and hoping73, I don't have the patience for leaky disposable diapers that leave huge messes in my baby's clothes.
    wutluviz

Answer by wutluviz at 1:06 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• That was my spouse's job

Answer by rkoloms at 7:35 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I use pocket diapers, most of the poo doesnt stick to the fleece inside so our pail doesnt get smelly. I shake off any loose poo in the toilet and toss the diaper in the pail. I was every 3 days and never had a problem.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 8:34 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I wash. Charlie soap is our favorite.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:46 PM on Feb. 26, 2011