How is this racist ?

I work in a small office , we are all pretty friendly and we usually all talk pretty much most of the day ( we have alot of slow days lol ) ..... There is one woman ( who this post is about) is notorious for causing problems.... she is the type who tries to make a big deal out of everything and just constantly talks about the bad things in life and about people ( I am the opposite so I guess that is why I dont care for her much) but nonetheless I am still friendly to her... but now she just has me so annoyed that I cant let it go ....

So my best office buddy and I were talking about a movie ( I had just caught parts of it ) ... and as we were talking I said " do you mean the druggie black guy or the dirty looking white guy" ( which describes the people I was talking about ) ..... Of course she hears this and instantly has an uproar about how I am being racist in the work place ... she literally goes into a 5 mintues speach about how her best friend is black and her cousin is married to and has black kids, etc.... She even goes over to another worker ( who is black) and asks him what he thinks about what I said ( he basically just tried to shoo her away since he was on hold with a call ) ...

I mean I know she does this to get attention, I know it shouldnt bug me but it does ( it was actually embarrassing to have this woman "lecture" me in front of my co-workers) ....

not only that but if anyone was racist ( which I think that means shows hate towards a race and I am pretty sure that wasnt the case, if anything maybe some racial profiling was going on ) ...... but I said a druggie black guy - it was a black guy who did drugs, compared to another main character on the show who was black and didnt do drugs...... I also said DIRTY WHITE GUY ... ( which I was describing the white guy who looked like he hasnt showered or shaved in months) .... I mean she was mad that I said something about a black man, why didnt she cause a fuss of what I said about the white guy , I mean saying someone is dirty is pretty much the same insult as saying someone is a druggie .....

** also, I do not plan on taking this any further with her, i am planning on ignoring her and just acting like it never happened..... but I think seeing that I am not the only one who thinks SHE is the crazy one, I would feel better lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Just for Fun

• LOL. She's crazy. There's nothing racist about describing someone as "black".
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 11:50 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Seems to me like she just like to hear her self talk. Me being a black person didn't find it offensive. I would just ignore her.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 11:52 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• For crying out loud, you were just describing characters in a movie! She needs a life! There is one of her in every workplace. Don't worry about it, you've said nothing wrong.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:55 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• She's crazy and needs a life.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 12:05 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• If you think something is racist then you are the racist.
    WARNING

Answer by WARNING at 12:10 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• she obviously needs to go see Webster for the definition of racist - just ignore her - trifling ass LOL!!
    pocmom

Answer by pocmom at 1:01 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• My husband is black and when I asked him if he would take offense, I had to repeat all of this and then he had to read it himself because he wasn't understanding, lol.  His final answer is that she is an idiot!  ;)  I agree.  I also agree with not taking it any further.  I can feel your embarassment and am so with you on that.  I would have been embarassed also.  But the facts are, it wasn't racist, and therefore, she looks like an extremely loud drama queen with a touch of idiot going on.  ;)

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 2:40 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I can't stand ppl like that in the workplace(or any place for that matter) always stirring up stuff. Watch out for her, she's the type that will go to HR in a heartbeat and twist things so bad net thing you know you're packing up your desk!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:47 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• *next*
    SweetLoveofMine

• Try this: Mine your own business! If that doesn't work, try this: SHUT UP!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:46 AM on Feb. 27, 2011