Racial profileing......

in California near LA is insane sometimes i swear, me and my boyfriend were walking down the street from my ultrasound appointment and we were going to go get something to eat, a cop stops us and asks to see his identification.....just because my boyfriend is Guatemalan the cop asked for his ID, they had no right stopping us just walking down the street we wernt doing anything wrong at all...this just makes me so angry!!!!

do you think cops should be able to just stop anyone just walking down the street for their ID or like me you think they should be doing something suspicious

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Feb. 26, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• OMG, that's awful. I'd be livid!
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 11:52 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• Did they explain why they stopped him? But I agree with you, police should not be stopping people unless they believe he/she is doing something suspicious.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 11:53 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• I'd have been ticked if I were in your situation, and in L.A. of all places! I mean I could see something dumb like that happening somewhere else but there are so many latino and hispanic people in Cali!! I would have asked the stupid cop if he does that with all people who aren't white.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:56 PM on Feb. 26, 2011

• the cop wouldnt answer me when i asked all he said was anything you say i can hold against you :O
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:00 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• That's really aweful. Sorry that happened to you guys.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 12:02 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• If there was no reason I would have been pissed! You hear about racial profiling alot anymore, regardless what race you are. People are guilty of making preconcieved judgement. Whether you're the white guy covered in tattoos and earrings or the african american man wearing a dark hoodie. It's wrong but it happens.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:05 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• What town? I live in LA county, and I'm just curious.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:06 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• i live in covina but we were in EL Monte at a free clinic walking to a burger place
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:09 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

___________

Must not have been a real cop. If it was, he could not say this unless you were being arrested and he had already read you your Miranda rights. Until you are read your rights, you can say anything and he can't use it.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 12:09 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• all i said to him was "why are you asking for his ID all we have been doing is walking" and then he said that....some cops are ass holes and will say anything to make you shut up.....atleast its like that here :/ the cop never asked for my ID btw
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:11 AM on Feb. 27, 2011