I need ideas for fundraisers for an elementary school.

I would like unique suggestions. We're already doing gift baskets and cookbooks....can anyone else add an idea?

MamaBird459

Asked by MamaBird459 at 10:53 AM on Nov. 20, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• our children sale candles & cookies ~ i was going to say the gift baskets were doing those now, umm, there's always krispy kream doughnuts outside the walmart lol that's all i got sry~

tntornado45

Answer by tntornado45 at 11:22 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• As bus drivers we give out scholarships. So we have to do fundraisers too. We have done walking taco booths. you have to get meat donated somehow, and the Frito's etc.

and we have done garage sales. maybe you could do a indoor one now that it's getting cold.

or home interiors has a fundraiser book only for fundraisers. with lotions and oils,candles...Just some ideas

bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 12:49 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• We do a calendar raffle. We either put dollar amounts on the days or try to get donation for some days. This is how we do it:

November is our win month this year. So every day in November we pull a name and someone wins the prize for that day. If you win one day your name goes back into the drawing.

We sell the calendars for $5.00 a piece and we sell them for about 1 1/2 months.

We are also looking into doing a Read-A-Thon. Not sure how this one is going to do yet.

Also, check out this website http://www.ptotoday.com/index.php. It usually has some great ideas on it.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 4:06 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• oh yes and they once did a quilt raffle,
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 9:51 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• My DD school just did Cherrydale...it was great...tons of things from wrapping paper to candy and trinket gifts...Also, Current has a fundraiser...that was good, also.
    JillianMomOf3

Answer by JillianMomOf3 at 8:32 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• At our school we ask local resturants, sometimes owned by parents in the school and some not, to have a special night once a month where you and your family can go and have a nice meal and mention you are doing so to support your school and that resturant donates 10% of every order to the school. Hope this helps.
    SaraLee74

Answer by SaraLee74 at 11:02 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I own a company that does a lot of fundraisers, we have 5 different catalogs to choose from, great prices and 100% of the profits will go towards your school. Please let me know if you're interested and we can go from there. We also have drop shipping which means that once we receive payment and the order, the order will be directly shipped to the customer! The only thing that the school needs to do is give out catalogs, get orders and we do the rest!! If you would like a sample of what we do, please let me know and I will send you all the information.

Good Luck to you,
    Kelly DeGroot
    Co Owner of Array of Gifts
    www.ArrayofGifts.biz
    Hockeymom13

Answer by Hockeymom13 at 8:16 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Hi since amount of content is limited I sent you a personal message, thanks
    GIFTOFARBONNE

Answer by GIFTOFARBONNE at 5:49 PM on Dec. 30, 2008