A 6 year old in my dd's class told her she could have babies when she is 15!!

That got her excited, as I can tell she can't wait to be a mom. I keep telling her that is not ok. She must finish school, have a career, and then be married before she can have babies. However, every day, she still comes home with this kind of talk. What do I do? Should I talk to her teacher and let her know that kind of talk is happening, or should I just keep pushing my dd to wait?

krissyvelazquez

Asked by krissyvelazquez at 12:05 AM on Feb. 27, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Keep in mind that to these girls, 15 is very old. They do not understand anything other than the fact that babies are cute. Just keep telling you what you are and I bet by 15, she will have forgotten all about it!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 6:16 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I would keep talking to her about other important things that should come first, especially education. If she is not already involved get her into activities that will have her focused on other stuff.

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:07 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I would also just let the teacher know. You can't be the only parent whom this would concern.
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 12:10 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• i would talk to the teacher and let her know whats going on and i would just keep talking to my child
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 4:08 PM on Feb. 27, 2011