What is an appropriate thank-you/token of gratitude in this situation?

I was caught without clean clothes for my 10 month old when she did an explosive poop that went all the way up to her shoulders. Of the 1o months I've had her, this is the ONLY time I forgot to pack extra clothes...A fellow mom came to the rescue and gave a ziploc bag of clothes (full set with diaper, underwear, pants, socks, fleece, etc.). I see her from around, but we are not really friends. I really want to express my gratitude, but do not want to go overboard. Any suggestions?

Olivia4116

Asked by Olivia4116 at 12:10 AM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• return the clothes with a nice card!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 12:21 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I would at least tell her Thank You, and tell her you are glad that she was there when it happened. I would also give her the clothes back unless she said not to worry about it.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:42 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I would treat her to a cup of coffee and return the clothes OR take the clothes to her with a small bunch of lfowers from the grocery store
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 11:11 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Give her a pack of diapers as a thank you!
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 1:43 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• give her a care package with the same items that she gave to you along with a thank you card
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 3:39 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• That was very nice. It's nice to know people are still willing to help a stranger. If you see her around ask her for coffee or something and get to know her. She gave you clothes maybe return the favor with a new outfit or two. I'm sure she had been in your situation before and just wanted to help.
    jdzamko

Answer by jdzamko at 3:10 PM on Feb. 28, 2011