Should i apologize even when i know i was right ?

Mom and dad want me to apologize to sister that I haven't talk to since xmas.I am older than her and she has a way of talking to me that drives me insane.she thinks she is better than me and talks down to me. I finally had it and kick her out of my house on xmas eve. Why cause she was in my face about something stupid. She bought plates and I already had some so she was upset she bought them. She rubbed the fact that she had spent money on something that we weren't gonna use and I just kept avoiding her finally it got so bad I ask her to get the heck out of my house. Long story short is been 2 months now and mom n dad want me to Apologize to her I am. Mom of 2 kids and I am 30 years old I am not apologizin no dumb 25 year old who by the way started all this. I have been put on the spot everybody say is me I have to apologize I don't thing I should but if I don't mom n dad will suffer. Did I forget to mention I am almost due in march? Why should I be force to apologize. ....please your thoughts ... me n her have never had a void relationship I honestly don't miss her at all she doesn't bring anything good to my Life.
.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Feb. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• Have you heard of Shalom Bayit, or peace in the home? Sometimes, we apologize when we are right, because we love our family.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:16 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I think u r both wrong. First she is for getting overly upset. Second u because u over reacted!! If u ask me,u both need to apologize!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:13 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• This is a tough one. clearly it's not about the plates. This blow-up is a cumulative effect of lots of little things, I think? It's your sister, have her over, just the 2 of you, tell her you love her no matter what, then share your perspective over a cup of tea and some cake. Sounds corny, but it'll calm both of you down.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 12:16 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• In situations like this, I like to be the bigger person. You obviously have your differences but she's your sister. I've learned the hard way that you should never let the sun set on an arguement. Last year, I had a falling out with one of my best friends over something trivial. On January 8th, she passed away from an epileptic seizure in her sleep at the age of 32. I will never get the chance to clear the air with her. I will never get the chance to make things right with her. Its something I think about everyday. I made a promise to myself that as long as I can help it, and even if it means swallowing my pride, I will do everything in my power to make sure I don't have to be in this situation again.

Imagine yourself getting a phone call tomorrow telling you that your sister died in a car accident.... Doesn't the issues you're having now seem so small?

I hope you guys work it out. You never know what tomorrow holds.
    KristyB

Answer by KristyB at 12:18 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• For starters, didn't your sister think that you already had dishes? Bringing dishes is no big deal. It sounds like she was pressuring you to you the dishes. Not to mention is was Christmas Eve and you had enough stress going on. Not to mention your hormones. I don't think that it was that big of an issue, I think you were just fed up and decided that you had enough. Don't your parents realize that you have trouble getting along? That's like adding fuel to the fire. In the future, I would ask her to call and ask before she came over with something that you maybe unprepared for. Then you won't have to worry about it.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:39 AM on Feb. 27, 2011