TTC but the dr says I am too overweight.

I want another child really bad. Why? Bc when I die I want my son to have someone who is close to me to be by his side and share his grief or pain. But recently the dr shredded my dreams by telling me that I shouldn't have any more. The reason for that is I am overweight and diabetic. I am scared that my chances of having another one are gone bc my weight just wont go away. I walk 5 miles a day, I am the mother of a 2yo but the weight just stay. I do not know what to do any more I have changed my portions changed my exdercise but the more I change it seems the less my body changes. What should I do?

proudmommy42008

Asked by proudmommy42008 at 12:12 AM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Walking is good but not enough. Can u go to a gym?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:15 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Right now no because we have none closer than 30 miles and that is hard for me
    proudmommy42008

Comment by proudmommy42008 (original poster) at 12:18 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Try journaling everything you eat and exercise you do. Having that to look at is really a very helpful tool. Also, see if your local hospital offers diabetic education courses. Ours does and, though you have to pay for it, if you complete it you get all of your money back. When you are journaling, also try to remember some healthy guidelines (like WW) such as drinking water and getting enough fruits and veggies in your diet. Make sure to do some cardio (walking, running) and some weight training as well. That can be as simple as doing curls with a can of soup while watching your favorite television show to start. See if you can get a friend to work out with you or get your 2-year old involved and DANCE! Also, you could try getting a doctor who will give you some advice and direction. Don't give up! You CAN do this !!!!!!!!! Just take it one step at a time.
    ShaunnaMichelle

Answer by ShaunnaMichelle at 12:26 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Thanks Shaunna tht really encourages me.
    proudmommy42008

Comment by proudmommy42008 (original poster) at 12:28 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Yes the gym would definitely help and a better balanced meal, smaller portions if you eat big ones. Good luck on both:-)! That sounds good too what shaunna said.
    Unique11

Answer by Unique11 at 12:36 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I say don't listen to your doctor about not having another baby, if you keep eating healthy & exercise you'll lose weight, it takes time so you have to be patient but it'll happen & if you control your blood sugar & keep it controlled through out your pregnancy you'll be fine & so would the baby, I'm diabetic & I'm 8 weeks pregnant & my diabetes is controlled & so far everything is good. Also look into another doctor, one that will help you keep getting healthier so you can have another baby not shoot you down like your doctor did. Stay positive keep working out & eating right, have your sugar controlled & everything will be alright. GL & LOTS OF BABY DUST!!!

baby dust

VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 1:38 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Low carbs and count calories, lots of water. GL
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:11 AM on Feb. 27, 2011

• i know we don't like to talk about weight but how much over are you? Did you have a difficult pregnancy before?
    Tylee7

Answer by Tylee7 at 12:39 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Tylee, I am 270 and thats the smallest I have been since I have had my son. My pg was perfect. I know that sounds odd but it was. At week 39 the dr induced me because of hypetension but that was said to be brought on by my husbands sudden deployment. We were not planning a deployment and we were only married 4 months. On top of it all, we had 3 days. That was all.
    proudmommy42008

Comment by proudmommy42008 (original poster) at 5:07 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I don't know if this is something you would ever consider, but I'm in the process of getting bariatric surgery. I don't have diabetes, but bariatric surgery can reverse diabetes, as well. I hope I don't offend you, I'm a large lady myself and I'm just sharing what I'm doing now so that I can have kids in the future... if I ever get married... lol
    mpm915

Answer by mpm915 at 9:50 PM on Feb. 27, 2011